DIY Yeast CO2 - English only :(

Almennar umræður um plöntur, lýsingu og annað sem viðkemur gróðurbúrum

Moderators: Vargur, prien, Sven, Stephan

Searcher

DIY Yeast CO2 - English only :(

Post by Searcher »

Hi!

I need Your help, I read this forum much as possible with my bad Icelandic:) but I could not find what I need.

I intend to make yeast CO2 system, so I will need Yeast and something to diffuse the C02 into my tank.

The question is, where can I buy Yeast (it should be pretty easy), and where can I buy C02 Reactor or some diffusion unit, I never have seen something like this in icelandic stores.

And maybe someone know, how looks diffusion of carbon dioxide in soft icelandic water?I think, one 2l bottle should be enough for 240l?

Kv.
Sven

Post by Sven »

Hi, you can buy yeast in the next grocery store, or if you want beter yeast, you can buy it at aman, a brewery store on Rauðarárstígur.
I don't know if you can get a bubble ladder reactor at some of the pet stores. But you can also make DIY reactors that work as well or even better, just google DIY co2 reactor.

But for a 240l tank, I´m thinking you would need at least 3 2l bottles to make a difference, just son´t change the brew in all of them at the same time.
gudrungd

Post by gudrungd »

http://www.aqmagic.com/

this is an onlinestore which I have shopped from twice, they are very cheap and totally reliable, once they sent me the wrong bubblecounter, (just a regular plastic one instead of the glass one) I sent them a picture of the package and they sent me the right one at once. they have all sorts of diffusers, ladders and pollen in different sizes.

the glass bubblecounter on the left and the pollendiffuser are from them
Sven

Post by Sven »

I can second that, excellent service from aqmagic
gudrungd

Post by gudrungd »

this is normal bread yeast, you can get both kinds in Bónus
Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Thanks for the tips, yeast working, more advanced equipment is already on the way :)
gudrungd

Post by gudrungd »

if no one has told you yet, condition for getting advice here is posting pictures of your tanks! :D
BIG RED2

Post by BIG RED2 »

you can get a bubble ladder reactor at fiskó
skrifaði áður sem big red
Searcher

Post by Searcher »

gudrungd wrote:if no one has told you yet, condition for getting advice here is posting pictures of your tanks! :D
Soon:) Let me finish.
BIG RED2 wrote: you can get a bubble ladder reactor at fiskó
I bought a mini-filter, it is perfect.

PS. You can get live yeast at fjardarkaup.